RCC Institute of Technology has an opening for a part time Core Faculty member for its innovative Bachelor of Interior Design program, located at the Steeles Avenue campus in Concord, Ontario.
Core Faculty members support the program in all aspects of academic governance and administration, particularly those relating to the currency and quality of programs, curriculum, courses, and teaching.
Specific responsibilities would be:
• Administer the Student internship program and volunteer initiatives.
• Maintain the psychical sample library.
• Through industry contacts, organize monthly lunch and learn seminars for students.
• Participate in student retention initiatives.
• Participate in all faculty meetings, and all other committees associated with academic governance (Academic Council, Curriculum Committee, Admission Committee, Faculty Hiring Committee, and Program Advisory Committee)
• Participate in marketing initiatives; such as open houses, orientation and registration and other events and activities as directed by the Program Chair.
• Earned a minimum of a Masters within Design, Interior Design or Education
• Minimum of 5 years experience within the Interior Design profession
• 2-3 years teaching experience at the post secondary level.
• Strong industry and professional connections through Ontario and possibly Canada
• Evidence of a strong commitment to post secondary professional education and working adult learners
• Relevant experience in a post secondary education environment, including program development, program accreditation, regulatory affairs, quality assurance practices, student and faculty policies
• Knowledgeable and experienced in faculty governance and the administration of academic policies, procedures and regulatory affairs
If you are interested in teaching in an institution dedicated to student learning, please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
About the Bachelor of Interior Design Program
In March 2011, RCC Institute of Technology was granted Ministerial Consent under the Ontario Post-secondary Education Choice and Excellence Act to offer a degree program leading to a Bachelor of Interior Design. The Bachelor of Interior Design is available to students through traditional in-class instruction, online, or by blended in-class and online delivery. It is the first Bachelor of Interior Design Program in Canada and only the third in North America to offer all courses through online delivery. Classes began in October 2011.
About RCC Institute of Technology
Yorkville Education Company ULC operates in Ontario as RCC Institute of Technology (RCC 1928 ULC) and in New Brunswick as Yorkville University.
RCC Institute of Technology is one of Canada’s oldest privately funded colleges, having been founded as Radio College of Canada in 1928 to train workers for the emerging radio industry in Canada. Today RCC Institute of Technology is Ontario’s only registered private career college to achieve ministerial consent to offer degree programs under the Postsecondary Choice and Excellence Act (2000). The Institute has three campuses in the Toronto area.
The Toronto Film School (TFS) at RCC Institute of Technology offers a fast and effective path to an exciting career in film, television, theatre, fashion, graphic design or video game design.
What sets Toronto Film School apart is that right from the start students begin the transformative process of turning raw energy and creativity into the practical skills demanded by the competitive world of the entertainment industry. Students will be filming, editing, performing, writing and designing in a high-energy environment, preparing for exciting careers within the entertainment industry – with the guidance of industry professionals and supportive faculty, who understand what it takes to succeed.
RCC is a division of Yorkville University which is located in Fredericton New Brunswick. Since 2004, it has operated as a designated university under the New Brunswick Degree Granting Act. It offers a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, a Master of Education in Adult Education, a Master of Education in Educational Leadership and a Bachelor of Business Administration, all delivered through online technologies.
Please visit www.rccit.ca, www.yorkvilleu.ca or www.torontofilmschool.ca for further information.